For Recurring donations

For Recurring Donations:

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Leaving Is On My Mind



I have leaving on my mind, since I left my mom's house and southern California yesterday, and most likely won't be back there or here at my sisters or Further north for a few years.  Having lived in this place where moving 1/2 an hour away is a long distance, requiring adjustment of life rhythms--even the idea of going half way across the world seems unfathomable to many. "Why would you want to go? Can't you teach English or anything else here?" And yet that is where I find myself--in the unfathomable...on the journey to go without a logical reason why--  6 months here and I can see why many who don't have the compunction to follow this Mysterious Way, tell me I am crazy for attempting this. It is hard to leave them because they have become great friends and I long for them to understand.  (some days I long for myself to understand too)  Other people who do understand more of this Mysterious Way, are hard to leave for so many other reasons...they are all family, they are a strong source of encouragement and challenge. These qualities among many others, make the ache of leaving great. I know I have a hard head and am stubborn and selfish, which makes it difficult to understand love; I do not say this ache exists to teach me, but this ache that I feel when I leave a place is what it takes sometimes to remind me that Love exists.  I am learning that Love goes with us, and is not as frightful as I once had thought.  I am thankful that I live in a generation where communication is made easy through emails and skype and blogs, but I am even more grateful that I belong to a Family that spans geographical, and time distances.  As I go, I meet more and more of my Family.  I feel kinda like glue that sticks to you, and attaches to something new. So for all of you who are remaining here on this side of the world be strong and courageous living generously by the Love of this Mysterious Way; embracing the stranger and the beautiful and abundant Life.  Know that I am full of a good strong healthy ache for all of you, and carry this love for you as I connect to others I am yet to meet.

No comments: