For Recurring donations

For Recurring Donations:

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

An excerpt from my writings on Nov. 21, 2014


The invitation last Friday was to “hide deeper in the cleft of the mountain”. Follow into the dark openness of the cave in the mountain. I had felt afraid of this invitation. I did not understand where it might be coming from, was this good, or a misleading thought.
It was the consolation in the afternoon that fear was a common response to the Invitations of the Lord. Examples such as When Mary was addressed by the angel she was afraid; Elijah hid his face before going out when the gentle breeze passed by; and many more, again and again. So I said yes Lord, take me there. When I was aware of my thoughts after this there was a repetition of one word of praise; Ps.92:15 “...He is my Rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.”

I recognize afresh my actions, though I live in a rhythm my ways are so undisciplined. Am I motioning but not getting the heart involved? Am I digging for gold in the heart of a mountain with a plastic spoon? I recognize this time given to this daily rhythm may be for only a short time, and so my heart is reluctant to embrace it. Lord, help me give my all to you who lasts eternally; yes though I am fearful I want to find my safety in the heart of the mountain and dwell there.  

No comments: