For Recurring donations

For Recurring Donations:

Thursday, March 19, 2015

sitting in the Dark...

20th February, 2015
I sit in the dark again and I am thinking about light. In particular the mass of wires that clings and droops every which way, heading in many directions from the couple lampposts on the street below. With that colossal tangle I am surprised the power is on as much as it is. I see all the light that the lamp is giving out since I am looking from above, but I see the shadow below the light, I have walked that way before and know that the light barely reaches the ground.
Like watching a show, I wait for my neighbor prepare to play the piano; jiggling this wire and that until it is in just the right position to let the instrument produce The beauty it was meant for—Sound.
People who live here fiddle and giggle the wires not bothering to think that it could be any different. People sit at night by candle light when the power goes out because that's the way it is. They walk down a poorly lit street because they don't even notice the tangled web of wires preventing the light to come through.
I wonder if we all are not the same, living in our spiritual darkness, wiggling our wires for the slightest bit of life, satisfied with only a little light shining on our way, because we don't realize there is a tangle of lies blocking the light. How can we live any different than how we are if we do not understand we believe the lie that this is the way that is meant to be.


1 comment:

Beth said...

I don't comment much, but I'm an avid reader of your blog, Ruth! I love your poetic and thoughtful reflections, which I know are more prevalent in your life because of the contemplative practices you have nurtured, which have definitely given depth to your spiritual eyesight. Thank you for what you share with us.