For Recurring donations

For Recurring Donations:

Monday, October 20, 2014

In trying to express myself again i have waxed poetic

(Real poets please skip over what follows): 


My soul is still before the Lord.
My heart strings are plucked 
in the tune of a whisper, 
An uttering deep and mellow. 
Longing to speak only words that satisfy, 
I am silent. 

Ancient words uttered long ago speak of today. 
They have been shown true in times past
would now be different than then? 
A wise sage remains true, 
I choose to Listen.

Oh, my wandering ways. 
Easily led one way and then another
My feet swell and my clothes wear out, 
But not because God has forgotten. 
No, his ways are steady and sure to come about.
It is my eye
That catches the sparkle of things soon to tarnish. 
Discipline me Oh lord, 
But not in your anger, lest I come to nothing. 

Let your love root in me.
I am ready to cherish, 
I long to hold your treasure
I desire to be ever entwined
with your vine, with your Life;
I am a young donkey colt, tie me to your tendril
and let me live.

A day at your door is better than a life spent in any other tent. 
Stretch out your garment over me
I seek to be hidden, 
I am lit in a small place, 
I glimpse into heaven
in the silence as we fall down before you
with the hymn of the angels. 
Holy, holy, holy.

No comments: