For Recurring donations

For Recurring Donations:

Monday, August 31, 2009

A few Highlights and Quotes

While building relationships with others there are times when i am struck with the pure Genius of God in creating humans to be dependant creatures. There is the joy of meeting old friends again whom you have not seen for a while(sometimes in years), there is the heavy heart when friends must part and go their way after periods of spending time in community. There are moments when we rejoice together in the abundance of life, and still other moments when we cry out hoping others will hear what we cannot say.
Yet everyday God supplies us the gift of interdependence. i realize that here in relationship, God has his way of speaking and teaching and drawing us to The Creator and Sustaining One via the use of us in each others lives. These past weeks has been a weeks of hearing the words of God pronounced in unlikely places; and recognizing yet again that this is not so unusual, almost a habit of God's.
But why am i shocked and why do i continue to believe that such circumstances are "unlikely"? God did after all create it so that the "foolish things of the world shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even the things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are..." (1 Corinthians 1:27) and also rejoicing that the Father of Heaven and earth has "hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little Children; yes Father for such was your gracious will"(Matthew 11:25). It is true, the Lord--Our Lord is doing mighty works in our world, do i have eyes to see it?
Here are a few quotes from conversations and lines that have
caught me off guard or made me think:
"Thanks God for times of devastation because then i see your grace..."
Deborah-a woman from the street prayed this.
"How do i be a host to the world? I am hosted but how do i live with impact?"
a humble woman who is not aware of her impact.
"Bad people break good laws, and good people break bad Laws."
Jayden 6year old living in our community.
Dances of Hope and Pearls of Great Price
I look at them
They Look at me
I see the beauty in their eyes
They say don't touch my hands, i am contaminated
They shout their pain
I hear their words
They say they are lost
I hear their search for God
We long for words of Truth and affirmation
I smell the stench
They are used to the smell
I cover my nose as i try to listen
They repeat the same tales ...again
I get bored and don't pay attention to the miracle before my eyes
God is teaching us
We are His pupils together
God declares His Kingdom Here
They arise and Dance with hope
I am humbled to the bottom of the heap and find a lasting pearl of great price.

No comments: