For Recurring donations

For Recurring Donations:

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Visiting Has Begun! Here I come...

Finally the trip is on it's way!
I have spent a lovely past couple of days with my mother in Long Beach California. I don't know who talked more withing the first couple hours upon my arrival; we talked as if we only had a couple hours to catch up on half a years worth of information... It has been great to see where my mother goes to church and where she lives--meeting the kids in the neighbourhood... I will be here with my mom in the LA area until Tuesday March 3rd, and then head up to Northern California/ San Jose area. I have had a lot of time while my mother is at work to read and reflect and work on an art piece. I have been reading through Luke realizing just how much Jesus talks about the Kingdom of God, his upside down kingdom and the difference between God's wisdom and power vs. the power and wisdom of us. i am only half way through (chapter 13) and the KOG (kingdom of God) has been directly mentioned 19 times (that is not including the places where he is alluding to it or referring to the upside down understanding of what God's wisdom is like. Such a great read...

No comments: